Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Mysterious Phone Numbers

Sunday September 23rd came around and I was sick, so I stayed home from all meetings.  I hadn't talked to many people that day and so I was a little lonesome and phone ready..  I had been told that a certain guy that comes into work was going to call and ask me out, so I had my phone at the ready because I didn't want to miss this phone call.  So I'm sitting reading a book when my phone rings and it's a number I don't recognize so I thought "This is the call, now don't be nervous." I answer in a calm collected tone while inside I'm nervous and doing flips.  

Me: Hello

Caller: Is this Rachel?

Me: Yes

Caller: Yes this is Brother Web from the ward and I was wondering if you would give a talk next Sunday?

Me: (A little hesitant to agree to another talk and A lot disappointed that it wasn't The Guy):  Sure, What's the topic.


Needless to say  it wasn't the guy I had been waiting for the call on.  This is why I hesitate to answer un-identified numbers. I hate preparing talks and I don't like giving talks.  My thoughts go all over the place and then when I give the talk I sit and worry that it won't make sense to anyone because my brain is a special brand.  Sometimes I wish I were young again and could ask my dad to write the talk.  He wrote awesome talks.  

I'm still waiting on that call from the guy and will inform you of when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment